Friday, January 8, 2010

Holiday Recap!

I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday! I know we had a really great time, although it always seems to go so fast...I hate it when that happens. But we had so much fun anyway. So here is a quick recap of our happenings.

We made it down to Monroe at about 6:00 on Christmas Eve, which was just in time to indulge in the my favorite meal of the year, our seafood buffet! It was wonderful as usual, Mama Liz out did herself, and Dad did a pretty good job on the grilling as well. We ate until we absolutely couldn't eat anything else, and then in true Holiday style, we took a five minute break and ate some more. It was YUMMY! This is all that was left on my plate...poor crab, better luck next year...or probably not!

I didn't take any picture on Christmas Day, which now I wish I would have, but we were just so busy playing, I really didn't think about it. But Christmas Day was great! We don't have any little kids in the house anymore, so we got to sleep in...sort of...I guesss longer that in the past years. But after we opened our presents, Mom made us a great breakfast. When we were done eating, it was time to get bundled up and go out sledding. There was a ton of snow down there and perfect for hitching the sleds behind the four-wheelers and snowboarding. Just me, Trevor, Aubrey and Michael went out on Christmas, but it was still fun. That night, we had the traditional Ham dinner and ate ourselves sick once again. I love that! The next day Trevor had to head back to work, but would be coming back that night because his niece Brooklyn was getting blessed that Sunday, so I opted to stay behind and hang out in Monroe so more. That morning, we all went out on the sleds again. This time everyone came, the parents, Shannon, Preston, Michael and Aubrey. Even Preston's little brother Carter came along. We had just got out to our sledding spot and Shannon, Preston and I had gone down the hill and were waiting for the four-wheeler to come pick us up, when all of a sudden Shannon started screaming and pointed over my shoulder. I turned around and saw a Bronco that had flipped over onto it's top right into a canal on the side of the road. All three of us took off running towards that Bronco as fast as we could. When we got there, all I could hear was a loud hissing sound and immediately I pictured gas leaking and all of us getting blown up! I was hesitant to go any closer, but then I saw the people inside the Bronco, pounding against the glass trying to get out. The canal had wedged the top of the Bronco just perfect so the doors couldn't be opened at all. So Preston and I ran around to the drivers side and were able to get the door opened just a little bit. By then, some near by neighbors had come running to help as well. They started pulling out little kids that couldn't be more than 5 or 6. They handed the kids to me and my sister and I thought I would break down in tears as I tried to comfort the poor little guys. My dad brought the sheriff and we were able to eventually get all the people out. There were three adults and three kids in there...none had seatbelts on...but they were all ok. It was quite the experience. So after everything was handled and we all settled down, we decided to continue sledding for a little bit more. The rest of the weekend was quiet and fun, thank goodness after that incident. Brooklyn's blessing was so great. We got to spend time the the Call clan over the Holidays as well. So fun.
For New Years Eve, Trevor and I just decided that we wanted to go to Temple Square since we hadn't made it down yet and I love to see the lights. So after work on New Years Eve, we headed down. We stopped at one of our favorite restaurants, Famous Daves, to eat dinner. I love that place so much. Then we continued down to Salt Lake, where my parents, Shannon, Preston, Michael and his date Kenzie met us. It was so fun just to walk around and feel the spirit of Temple Square and enjoy each other's company. They had programs going on all night, but we ended up leaving a little before midnight, so we could all get back home at a decent hour. So at midnight, Trevor and I were in the car driving (I know, pretty exciting), but it was a fun night none the less. Here are some pictures that we snapped...






Me, Shannon and my mom in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building warming up...I don't know why I looked so HORRIBLE, like I am about to die, but oh well...


This red tree was HUGE, and sooo pretty. So we had to get some pics by it. Preston, Shannon, me and Trev.


Lame, I know, but we had to do the kissy picture...

It was sooo cold out I think my face was frozen in the pose after the picture...seriously!






3 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

I love the Christmas/New Year holidays! I love that they are filled with family, and sledding and having fun! It looks like you guys had a good time:)
I love the lights on temple square. They're always so pretty.

michael. mindy. dane. said...

It seriously makes me so happy that you are updating so often. It sounds like your Christmas was fun! You guys are so cute. I wish you lived closer so we could hang out! Every Sunday I get to relive our park days as I see Bob at church. He is out of it though! I swear he doesn't even remember me. Anyway..miss you!

Kim Call said...

Great pictures! Wow...I think seafood is a great tradition and so is eating till you're sick. It was good to see both of you over the holidays, even though it didn't last long enough. Thats an amazing rescue story....I'm glad it turned out well and everyone is ok ~ including you. Love you....mom Call