Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Break Plans

Well, if you could call it a Thanksgiving Break in the Call house...seriously, I am so mad right now. First, let me give you a breakdown of my poor husbands grueling schedule. He wakes up to be to school by 8 which is pretty standard. He goes to school up until the minute he has to work at his awful job, managing a retail store, at 1. He then works until 10 pm and starts on his absurdly long and detailed projects for his Interior Design progjects. For those of you who don't know much about this major, I don't recommend you or your spouse of anyone that you emjoy seeing on a regular basis go into it. Trevor then proceeds to stay up all night either in the office or down at the lab on campus to try to finish all his homework just so he can go back to school at 8 the next day. So he deserves a break for the holidays more than I do. But jolly Sports Authority (Trevor's lovely work place) thinks that staying open on Thanksgiving is the coolest thing ever, because the CEOs that decided this don't have to work, they will just make all the guys that are lower on the food chain do the dirty work. But, by some miracle Trevor was able to get Thanksgiving day off, but of course he has to be back by 10 am the day after to tame all those unruly shoppers. There are four managers at Trevor's store, three of which live here in Logan, so they don't have to travel, so that's how he got it off. But this one guy who seriously lives one block from the store, complained to the store manager that it was unfair Trevor got the day off. Boo Hoo, work until 3 in the afternoon and then drive a block to see the family. Welcome to the world of middle-aged men that work at Sports Authority and hate their lives. But whatever. So our thanksgiving day will consist of driving 6 hours to Moab to eat some turkey and say hello to everyone, go to bed and wake up at 4 am to 6 hours back to Logan so Trevor can be back to work at 10 am. Sounds good and wonderful right? Spending the day that we get as our Thanksgiving beak driving for 12 hours! We mind as well just get takeout Thanksgiving to eat in the car so we will have more time to say hi to everyone down in Moab. I know it is the Holiday season and I am happy to go see everyone, it's just really frustrating that everything will be so rushed. I hope Christmas break will be better, but for some reason, I am not getting my hopes up :) Anyway, I hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving break and have a lot of fun and much deserved rest. I will post some pictures of Thanksgiving if there is time for me to snap some pictures in the little time we have!

4 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

That really stinks. I'd be really mad too if my husbands job did that to us.
Oh well, such is life...I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving, and you drive safely!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

That SUCKS! Sorry Trevor's work is so crappy :( Hopefully Christmas Break will be better! I miss you!

Amanda Hall said...

Afty Wafty. I'm sorry. Are you going to Utah State too? Where are you working now? Is Trevor almost done with school?

Amanda Hall said...

P.S Afton. You are doing so great at updating your blog. Twice in one month! Intense.