Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tis the Season for Consuming Extra Calories...

So Trevor and I decided that tonight we needed to make a Holiday treat. I thought it would be fun to make these delicious thingys. They are called Bear Claws. Obviously not the typical Bear Claw you think of, you know the ones, the pastry things filled with fruit or something like that. These are soooo much better. These are pretzels wrapped in caramel, and then dipped in chocolate. They are one of my favorite holiday treats. My mom's best friend Jerrele Dowell would always bring these to us around Christmas, so it made me feel like old times to make them.
Trevor actually surprised me a lot tonight by how helpful he was. He got way into cooking the caramel, he diligently sat stirring and watching the thermometer. I must say, he did a great job because the caramel turned out perfectly. So I am very proud of him. We were a great team when it came time to dip the pretzels in chocolate because he took over the white chocoate, while I manned the milk chocolate. What a cutie...he was so proud of his work.

We ended up with a ton of freakin pretzels, so thank goodness for neightbors, co-workers, and visiting teachees. It was a lot of fun spending time together and also starting our own holiday tradition of making Bear Claws each year.

6 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

I love it when husbands help! It's the best:)
Your bear claws look amazing. I've never made them, but knowing me, and knowing how everything I really want to turn out doesn't, it would be a big old mess!

Betsy said...

Those look awesome!! You should really share those with your co-workers. :) Merry Christmas!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

YUM! Those look so good. I really want some. Too bad you live forever away or I would come steal them from you.

Kim Call said...

I am SO glad you have a blog! Now I can see what you two are up to...and it looks like you're up to alot! Wow! Those look delicious and, yeah, I'm not surprised Trevor was in the middle of it ~ that's so Trevor! Love you both so much....mom Call

Ashlie Castle said...

Good to see you're blogging! Glad ya found my blog :) Those look so tasty, what a good idea for neighbor gifts, anyone would love those!

Ruachel said...

Those look so good. I now have a craving!